Sunday, September 29, 2013

Good days....

I am 11 days out from treatment and other than my mouth and not tasting anything I feel really good.  It is a good opportunity to spend some time with the kids and do fun stuff.  We were busy with football and soccer yesterday and today we were able to get all of our fall decorations out and start to get the Halloween costumes together for the kids.

I am not looking forward to my upcoming treatment at all.  Something about sitting watching what looks like Kool-aid being pumped into you is just unnerving.  I know that with this treatment the reality is that my hair will be gone.  I am thinking Tuesday may be the last time I wash it.  I may use every type of conditioning product on it just as a treat.  I am trying to  prep as best I can for Wednesday.  The first time I went I didn't know what to expect and even thinking back on it I did need half the stuff I took.  It is always freezing in the treatment room so a soft blanket is a must (thanks so much Gina!), water, sour candy, salty snacks and my lap top. That's it... I think.  I have to take the sour candy and salty stuff because there is a nasty taste that comes with the treatment.  Its funny how the different meds have different "tastes".  Sometimes the sour is better and sometimes the salt is better to combat the bad taste.  It's like a metallic taste that just is bad!

If you didn't already know we got a dog right before our world was turned upside down.  His name is Cooper after Cooperstown, NY.  He spends most of his day tormenting the cat but recently he has become a great companion who never leaves my side and even will snuggle up to me in the afternoons when it is just the 2 of us.  It almost is like he knows that he needs to be on his best behavior even though his is only a little over 4 months old.  He also is a great reason for Peter and I to have a walk almost every night.  Its nice to be outside with the cooler weather and talk with my husband and just "be".  It is my favorite part of the day.

I am glad that I have been feeling so well.  I hope this is how it will be after my next treatment as well because we will be on our trip and that would be nice.  I hope you are all well and are enjoying the fall weather.





2 comments:

  1. Dana I had not heard about the cancer. You appear to be handling it very well. Keep up the blog. Im keeping the positive vibes heading your way.

    ReplyDelete