Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It has begun....

Well today was the day.  I have been saying for the past few days it's like waiting for a punch in the face.  You know it's coming and you know it is going to SUCK!!!!!  You just don't know when it is going to happen.  My hair has started to fall out.  It is not coming in chunks like I thought it would, it is more just from all over.  I got up this morning and all was fine, went downstairs to get the kids off to school and ran my fingers through my hair.....  came out with a handful of hair so I knew something was up.  I took a shower and washed my hair, if you remember I mentioned I thought it could be the last time I did that.  Since I have curly hair I don't ever brush it, I use my fingers as my brush so when I wash it I run my fingers through it a lot.  Needless to say they were dropping like flies.

I am doing okay with it so far, if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't even know I was losing it.  I did my hair as usual and I can tell a difference but I have so much hair no one else can tell.  But please if you see me out and about please, please, please tell me if you notice it.... I could be in denial and not even see the huge spot in the back. LOL..

I have received so many beanies from so many people it is amazing!  I love them all.  I have to get in the habit now of adding one to my outfit everyday.  When I got dressed this morning I laid them all out and thought which one would I wear if I needed to.  I look at it as a new opportunity to accessorize, because as Miranda Lambert says "it doesn't matter what your feel like it only matters how you look."

Tomorrow is my next treatment and I think I am as nervous as I was for the first one.  I just hope that the effects don't compound and I can count on the same few days after and how I will feel.  I know I will sleep when I get home and Thursday is a down day but Friday is the worst day, so I just need to plan for that.  I will keep you posted on how I am doing and hopefully feel up to doing another most on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, I too am a survivor, your doing a great job. Attitude is so much to your recovery. Although I am a BYU fan....I can get over some bad calls from the Big Game..ha ha. I would love to come meet you and bring you something. Please let me know, you can find me on FB at Marri-Scooter Sarmiento and my blog mamasarm.blogspot.com
    Prayers and Hugs
    Marri

    ReplyDelete