Thursday, October 17, 2013

Good Room and positivity!!!

It is so funny (and I LOVED IT) how many of you reached out to me to see if I got the "good room"  and I did. But I had to have a bed instead of a chair, but still the good room!!!!  I was lucky enough to have my BFF with me for the whole treatment so we could chat and watch a movie.  It is so nice to have someone there to talk with, it really makes the time go by fast and to feel normal while they pump the poison into me.  I also had the pleasure of sitting next to an AMAZING woman Lori.  She has been through a lot and still has a lot to deal with but is handling it all like a CHAMP and is such an inspiration to anyone who crosses her path especially me!

It made me try to think of all the positives that come along with having breast cancer.  I don't have to wear a bra and for those of you who know me that is something I NEVER did before. I couldn't, it would have been offensive.  Having no hair really cuts down on my time in the morning, I can get up, be showered and out of the house in less than 30 minutes.  I don't have to shave my legs anymore, at least for the next 4 months. It really is nice!  I have to come up with something positive in this whole process otherwise it would make for a long journey, right!

Today was a good day, Thursdays are always good for the most part. Friday is my hardest day next to the day of treatment.  I had a dear friend and college roommate fly in from Texas to visit me and it was great to see her.  We went to lunch and I took her to Lombardi's to get all of the pumpkins for my porch.  I so love the fall, it is my favorite time of the year and I love to decorate. It is the only time of the year you can put decorations up in early October and leave them up for almost 8 weeks.  You really get a lot out of it.  I am still waiting for the cold snap to come and stay.  The beanies have been okay but it has been a little warm and it is a little strange to have shorts, t-shirt, flip flops and a beanie... LOL.

Tomorrow I plan on resting most of the day and just taking it easy.  For some reason most Friday's are really hard, the one right after treatment brings nausea and a lot of fatigue.  The the second Friday is the worst day for my mouth pain.  Last week was so bad I couldn't talk and I am not looking forward to that at all, although some people may be.  This blog really has been so good for me and it's so amazing how many people from all over the world have been reading it.  Thank you for forwarding it on, posting it to your  FB pages and just supporting me.  We have over 6000 hits to the page and it has been viewed in 15 different countries.

Love to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment