Monday, December 9, 2013

Half Way!!!

       So today was my 4th treatment of this cocktail and my 8th overall so that means that I am HALFWAY!!!!! I am so glad!  The bonus for today was that I didn't have a major reaction.  It was a very long day though because they slowed down the medicine to make sure I didn't have one.  They also added an additional premed to help with the reaction and still kept the steroid at the double dose as well as the anti reaction med at the max.  It all seemed to do the trick but I was there for over 7 hours.  I am beginning to feel the compound effects of the aches and soreness they talked about so I am moving pretty slow.  I was able to "watch" 2 movies during treatment, I doze a lot, Lana keep a look out for your return package, I hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.  I wanted to watch Love Actually but was not sure about the inappropriate parts when they have the nude scenes so that my have to be an at home movie.

       I am felling okay, I still have my issues with not sleeping and the nausea is pretty much 24/7.  They want to give me more steroids to manage the nausea but I really don't want to take them because the side effects are so horrid!  I will need to get another scan once I am done with Chemo to take a look at the spot that they found on my liver (not sure if I mentioned that already).  When they first did all of my scans before my surgery they saw something on my liver but it was so small that they just wanted to watch it.  I will keep you posted on when that scan is scheduled for.
     
       Well it is official, I am 100% DONE with my Christmas and December Birthday shopping!  I went shopping last night with my mom and sister-in-law and got the last few things I needed.  One of my favorite stores has a big event in December that I like to go to and I got all the last minute things I needed.  It is a ton of fun with food, drinks, dessert, and live bands…. such a fun night!  I was also able to get the Christmas decorations up over the past few days and I feel much better about my progress.  It seems to all be coming together and we will get the lights up on the house tomorrow, I hope if the wind dies down a bit.  I was even able to get all the Christmas cards done and they will be going out tomorrow.  As least with all the cold weather it is feeling more like Christmas and I'm not the only one bundled up in a scarf and bean.

       On treatment days it really gives me a lot of time to think about what I am going through as I sit in the treatment room with all the other baldies. I get to focus on just me and be with all my own thoughts.  I get to talk with my doctor to discuss the next steps and understand what I can do to get through all of this in the best possible way.  As much as I say I have cancer and say that it has or is sinking in I don't know if it really is.  I don't feel sick other then when I am in treatment and all of its side effects.  Sometimes I wonder why I am doing all of this and how I just want to get back to life.  I just need to focus on the next 8 weeks and know there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel.

       As always thank you to all of you for all the love and support!  It is nice to know you are all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment