Sunday, December 15, 2013

I think I am getting the hang of this...

I seem to be getting the hang of the whole chemo cycle, not that I like it but at least I can prepare better.  Monday is day 1 and I spend at least 8 hours at the doctor getting a dressing change and meeting with the Oncologist, but most of the time is spent sitting in a chair getting pumped with posion watching movies or surfing Pinterest.  Then I am home and "resting" for the rest of the day.  Day 2, Tuesday I fell a bit like a super hero, like I can do anything.  With the meds and the steroids I hurt a bit, but I have so much energy I might as well get stuff done.  Tuesday night I won't sleep at all so it is more Pinterest or try and catch up on my TV shows.  Wednesday is my in-between day, where I feel okay the first half of the day but the last half is not so great.  This is when my nauseousness really starts to set in and the next 3-4 days will be much of the same.  I think my hardest day is Thursday for sure, so I really try to lay low and stay away form everyone. It is my hardest day for my steroids and lets just say I am not the most pleasant person to be around.  Friday is much of a turn around day for me and by Saturday and Sunday I am feeling more human.  With all of that said and Christmas coming I am so happy that Christmas Eve is going to fall on a Tuesday so I can get everything done.  
I have to be honest with you, I am really getting sick of this whole thing.  All the doctors appointments and spending an entire day at the hospital every week.  I can't wait to get my life back!  Just typing that sounds so stupid!  I am so thankful that I was able to catch the cancer so early, and that I was able to jump on the process of beating it.  I don't know why I was not more worried about the outcome.  I had a gut feeling from the beginning, from the day I felt the lump that it was going to be cancer but that I was going to be fine.  It just makes me wonder why I have to go through all of the chemo and waiting for reconstruction. The more I hear about others who have the same cancer as me and they have less than half the number of treatments and were able to start reconstruction right away.  It is such a strange place to be.  On one hand I feel so guilty that I have had such an "easy" time with this process and things have gone so smoothly.  But on the other hand annoyed that my treatment seems to be so much more than others.  All I know is I want it over so I can get back to being …me.

I really am looking forward to Christmas Eve because as most of you know I LOVE to entertain and I have not been able to do much of that.  It will be so nice to have the house filled with family and friends and just to spend time together.  As always thanks for all the love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment