Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Almost to the end...



Well my second to last treatment was yesterday and they can't end soon enough.  They seem to get longer every week and since the side effects compound as I go I sleep a lot more when I get home too.  We got home around 4.  It was pretty funny, I fell asleep for what felt like forever.  When I woke up I was still in my clothes and it was dark outside.  I looked at the clock and saw that it as 7:56 I panicked, Peter was not there so I thought he had left for work, the kids were in the loft in PJ's watching TV. I started yelling, telling Davis his class had already started and what was he doing.  He calmly walked over to me and gave me a hug and said it was 8pm, not 8am.  I had only slept for 4 hours.  We both laughed and I went back to bed.

I have started to get bloody noses almost everyday.  The longest one has lasted 45 minutes and would not stop. I'm not talking a little drip,  I'm talking a gushing mess!  It is pretty gross and I think I am personally keeping Kleenex in business.  I go through at least a box and a half a day.  The doctor said that Chemo could cause them so we are going to wait until after my last treatment before going to the ENT doctors.  I just hope it is not from anything else since I have had a runny nose for the last 5 months.  I now sleep with a humidifier every night and stuff my nose with Carmex at least 3 times a day.

I went to Lori's service on Saturday and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life but I am so glad that I went.  It was such a beautiful celebration, although I personally had a lot of tears.  So much of here life and mine were alike and it was a bit like looking in the mirror.  It made me think more and more how lucky and I am. and how it is a bit like winning the lottery of life. Their is no rhyme or reason to any of it, it truly is luck of the draw.  I have so much anxiety over the next part of this journey.  As most of you know, I am a bit of a control freak and a planner and with this type of cancer there really is no plan.  There are no meds to take and they don't like to do a lot of scans because of all the radiation.  So I have one scan to check the issue with my liver and then... thats it.  I assume I will have a scan on an annual basis, but no mammograms because there really isn't anything there to check.  I am really having a tough time with this because Lori had a clean bill of health to and then the other foot dropped and here world was turned upside down again!  I find myself crying at least 3 times a day and it always hits at the most randoms times, so don't be shocked if I burst into tears in mid-sentence.  My anxiety level is through the roof these days!!!

My next/last appointment is going to be filled with questions, much like they were in the beginning.  I have developed a new pain above where my tumor was and I don't know if it's due to the anxiety, fear or is for real.  I also am going to talk to her about my plan and hope to help myself feel more confidant about it.  I am really looking forward to the treatments being over, but part of me is just uneasy about it. How will my life change not taking 20+ pills a day, not speeding 8+ hours at the hospital every week.  I wonder when my hair will really start to grow back in and when I will feeling like working out again because I really miss it.  I think I will start hiking again too.  I just signed up for the Avon Breast cancer walk, my mom and I did it way back in 1998 and we had such a great time but this time will have a little bit of a different meaning.


Thanks for listing and love to you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment