Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros and Cons

Okay so over the past 3+ months I have had a lot of changes some bad and some with a positive spin I have placed on them.  I thought I would make a list so in 20 years from now I can look back at it and have a laugh.

Con: I have no boobs
Pro: I can actually use the front breast pocket of my button down shirts to hold my phone.
Pro: I am saving a ton of money and not needing to buy new bras.
Pro: I get a brand new pair next year.
Pro: All of my shirts fit so nicely now.

Con: I am freezing all the time because I have no hair to cover my neck.
Pro: I get to wear a ton of cute scarves all the time.

Con: I have no hair.
Pro: It only takes me 30 minutes to shower and get ready for the day.

Con: I can't taste anything
Pro: I can taste double bubble for the first 30 seconds and never know when the flavor is out of it which is actually at 45 seconds.

Con: My eyelashes have started to fall out and are coming out quick.
Pro: I don't have any clumps when I put mascara on the few lashes I have left.

Con: My eyebrows are coming out almost as fast as my eyelashes
Pro: I get to draw in my eyebrows in whatever shape I like and don't have to get them waxed.

Con: I am felling more nauseous with this cocktail than the last one.
Pro: I don't eat as much.

Con: I have to take steroids with this new cocktail and can expect to gain 20+ pounds.
Pro: See pro above.

Con: Some days I am so tired and out of it I don't want to get out of bed.
Pro: I don't have to get out of bed!

Con: I have so much Christmas and birthday shopping to do.
Pro: I am becoming a pro at online shopping.

Con: Did I mention I have no boobs
Pro: I get new ones for free, I think I would have rather paid for them.

So you see there are some pros to this whole cancer thing, it all depends on how you look at it.

1 comment:

  1. Dana - My name is Ellie and I am Johnna Jackson's old neighbor from Loomis. She shared your current situation with me and I have been following you ever since. 2 comments:

    1. You are correct - you will never go hungry if you have Johnna on your side. The woman can cook!

    2. Love your perspective on the pros and cons. Your sense of humor will get you far!

    Keep up the good fight. This gal in Loomis is pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete