Thursday, November 21, 2013

The same but different.

So I am on day 3 after treatment and it has not been too bad.  Yesterday was a bit tough and I had some pretty severe nausea.  I only got sick once last night but today has just been a constant light state of nausea.  I have been taking my meds more often to help with how I feel but they are not working the best.  I am really hopeful that next week will be different because of Thanksgiving.  Speaking of Thanksgiving just when I thought my taste couldn't get worse, it has.  I still can't taste anything but now when I do eat anything it has a very metallic taste and everything just tastes bad.  I find myself chewing a lot of gum to help with the taste because I even have the bad taste when I am not eating.  I have read that using plastic utensils can help so I have started using those as well.



I am not as tired but not feeling well makes me not want to do anything, so I rest a lot.  As much as I hate knowing that I have to go to treatment every week it is kind of nice to know that every week I am one week closer to being done with all of this.  I have 11 more treatments and I really hope to have it down to a science as far as how I will feel on which days so I can plan as much as possible.  I have been doing a lot of online shopping for the holidays and birthdays we have coming up trying to stay on top of all of it.  I did get a couple of fun packages in the mail this week (thank you Erin, Lana and Aunt Diane) they really put a smile on my face.  I love the new beanies and the movies, which I will be saving for treatment.  The fun beanies that my Aunt made will have to make an appearance in a Christmas picture for sure, they are so fun and the kids love them!



Days like today I just feel blah.  Not really motivated to do anything, I only hope that next Thursday I have more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment